Wednesday 10 October 2012

The Bride Over Flowers

I want almost every aspect and detail of the wedding to be a representation of what I and my husband believe into.  Add that to the fact that I am also a sucker for weddings and the traditions that go with it.  To make it short and sweet, I want a well-thought-of wedding.

And when I think about something that is "well-thought-of", a bridal bouquet is one of the many things that comes to mind.  If I am a person who only goes for aesthetics, then it's so easy to choose among a wide array of flowers that can catch anyone's eye but I want to carry something that has meaning and symbolism.

I decided to have peonies for my bridal bouquet because I fell in love with its lush, full, rounded blooms - the reason why it is called the flower of riches and honor.  As beautiful as it looks, the flower also symbolizes romance and prosperity and a sign of good fortune and happy marriage hence it's an emerging favorite among brides like me for their bridal bouquet.

Who would't love them?

No comments:

Post a Comment