Monday 3 September 2012

Too Many Inspiration


I have raided almost all bridal and couture websites where I can get some inspiration on how the final design of my gown would look like.   I have chosen several designs and put a focal point from each to be one stunning number.  
Even when the time that a wedding is still so far in mind, I am already a fan of wedding dresses and particularly liked the creations of Marchesa, Vera Wang and Monique Lhuillier.  Their designs are elegant, sophisticated and charming with little details that scream classiness and timelessness.
Here are the dresses that made me swoon:

I love how the intricately gathered tulle made the statement for this creation. (Vera Wang S/S 2012)
Grace suggested that I should have a mermaid cut gown because it will flatter my height and body type.  Guess what, that’s what I have in mind too! (Thank goodness my sister-in-law and I are on the same page!) (Vera Wangs’s creation for then bride-to-be, Kim Kardashian)
Monique Lhuillier Soleil Couture bridal Gown
Little details count big! (Monique Lhuiller Soleil Bridal Gown, from her Platinum Collection)  
I specifically told Grace that no matter what, I want a gown that has a little something going on at the back.  (Marchesa Bridal, Fall 2012)


And it ends there.  I love their designs but my husband and I cannot afford a fortune that one design from either one of these houses would cost.
Being the optimist that I am, my thoughts were concentrated on finding the best seamstress who can perfectly execute what I want from the biggest to the tiniest bit.  With this in mind, who else I’m gonna call? Grace of course!
She was able to find a store in Divisoria who makes RTW bridal gowns and made to order ones.  They will also make all the dresses for the entourage and our parents.  I am so hopeful that this supplier won’t be a disappointment.
PS:
One of the million reasons why I’m dying to be in the Philippines soon is to finally see my dress on my biggest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment