Tuesday 23 October 2012

Bride Blah: Just When I Thought...

Exactly sixty days before the wedding, here I am sitting at my desk contemplating what in the world should I do or what prayer should I utter for me to complete this guest list and table arrangement thing.  I have previously blogged about my disagreements with Noel about the number of guests.  I was wrong when I thought that our compromise was the end of this thing I want to call "the biggest dilemma of a bride".  I would say it's only the beginning.

Infront of me is this excel file which I started roughly about four months ago.  I was so eager when I started arranging table assignments for our guests but not for long.  When the stressors came like the number of people for plated service, number of guests who haven't confirmed their attendance yet, the "supposed" number of guests and everything in between I have come to abhor this task. (kidding)  I don't want to tell my husband how this very simple thing can drain the heck out of me because I want to spare him from stress which he already has a mountain of.

Well, the two main challenge here are first, the uncertainty of some invited guests if they can come or not and second, the additional guests that are added along the way.  I have already been through the process of arranging, changing, rearranging, changing and reorganizing but all these attempts and repetitions were futile.

It's definitely gut wrenching knowing that the days are passing by quickly and I might have nothing to turn over to the wedding coordinator when the time comes, or worse I might still be doing this until December.  More than the worry, its the frustration that is making me upset.  All I want to do now is to shrug this off my system before it goes viral.  It's making me nuts!

I don't know if the words I typed above even cohere with each other but I don't care, I just badly need to let it out.

:/

No comments:

Post a Comment