Tuesday 2 October 2012

Bride Blah: Spin Offs and Sweet Sentiments

When we started to plan for the wedding I thought a year is more than enough to accomplish everything before the big day but as I write this, we have more or less than eighty days to finalize and prepare everything which I think is still a waaaaaaaay to go.  It's twice as hard for us who unfortunately can't get our hands on (like what I have mentioned a million times) the preps.  Thank goodness, Grace assumed the job of being the official representative/wedding planner/wedding coordinator/treasurer while we are having that gut-wrenching feeling because we are here on the other side of the world.

So there I said my sentiments, enough of that for today.

With this roller coaster ride, I learned that a bride should possess that great amount of patience and perseverance because things won't go according to what has been planned sometimes.  There will be bumps along the way and some changes with what has already been agreed upon.  

Like in my (our) case, with roughly three months away from our big day, changes happen in a daily basis.  Just a week ago, Grace informed me that she decided to drop the wedding coordinator we hired because she doubts that she can deliver.  Now we are signed with an event planner which I hope can meet our expectations.  She also withdrew the booking at Luxor and asked me about my thoughts if we get a room at Sofitel or Diamond Hotel instead.  We were left hanging with that until this afternoon when she said she finally booked two suites at the Century Park Hotel.  I was also surprised that from the documents I received from her I learned that we changed our florist because Mang Boy Mahusay can't provide the flowers I want for my bridal bouquet.  

Things like this make my head wanna explode sometimes but at the end of the day, I still am thankful that God blessed us with someone whom we can put our 100% trust on.  We might not experience the typical scenario that most grooms and brides go through but I am happy that we get to anticipate and be excited for something that we will share for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment