Tuesday 6 November 2012

Caked Up!


Luckily, the wedding cake was already included in the reception package that we availed at Ibarra's.  It's a relief that we did not need to find a supplier because I can definitely see myself having the most outrageous requests for that cake to be perfect.  (CONFESSION) Despite that are my secret (from hubby) emails to cake suppliers asking for a quotation.  Honestly, I really wanted the wedding cake not to be limited from the choices that will be given to us.  At the back of my mind I was hoping that that maybe (just maybe) there is a chance for that to fit in the budget.  You have to forgive my control freak self for that, I'm sorry.  :)

When I coordinated with Ibarra's to send us the cake designs, my gusto to find another baker fizzled a little bit.  Not to disappoint myself, I did not set a high bar for them to reach but they surprised me.  I thought that the cake will be made by them but that presumption was wrong.  They have this legit third party baker, Vienna Cakes who does it for them.  Their selection ranges from fondant with quilted design to frosted with pipings, one to three tiers with cupcakes and sugar flowers but since we want something that looks elegant, we chose a three tier fondant with sugar flowers thoughtfully placed on each of the tiers.  The banquet officer told us that the fondant color will definitely follow our motif and that we can choose the flavors too!  

The green one was our design of choice.  We requested the baker to make for a turquoise fondant and the purple ribbon accent.

The deck of cards inspired cake looks quirky!

Champagne glasses were added for an extra height

Quilts and pipings elaborately done on the tiers

PS:

The only thing that made me put my thumbs down is that only one layer is edible.  I haven't asked yet if there's a way for them to make all tiers a real cake since I was thinking of serving cake slices to the guests in addition to the deserts on the menu.  

No comments:

Post a Comment