Sunday 19 August 2012

A Gathering in the Garden


I was already back in Saudi when Noel and Mama looked for possible reception venues.  We thought that it would be a lot more convenient for the guests if we get a place near UST Church.  After going to three venues in Intramuros (Patio Victoria, which he said won’t be a nice place because it’s outdoors and we have a morning wedding; another venue which has a little parking space and Tamayo’s which unfortunately was already booked for December 22, 2012), they went to this place in Ermita called Ibarra’s Garden.
“The place is nice, you’ll like it.”, he said on an SMS message that he sent.  The least that I could do was to turn to Google and check how the place looks like.
Ibarra’s Garden is a “classic antique house built in the 1920s inspired with American Art Deco and a quaint garden converted into an ideal place for social events”.  When I looked at the photos in their website, I thought that it was a great venue considering the number of our guests.  I instantly had this vision that rather than holding the reception on a hall in a hotel somewhere, having a house (literally) for a venue would somehow make our families, relatives and friends feel more comfortable and welcome.

Thanks to Mama who did not have second thoughts and reserved the place right away! :)  I’m excited to see it myself when I go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment