Sunday 19 August 2012

Colors of Love


A color motif is one of the factors that set the mood of a wedding.  Choosing the color which will primarily be the accent of every detail of a wedding definitely has a lot to say about the personality of the bride and the groom as well.
During my childhood when I am asked to assume the role of a flower girl, I remember motifs are limited only to basic colors.  Now, a bride’s keen attention to details and the love to have anything unique for everyone to see during her wedding made quite a change for wedding color motifs to turn from dull, monochromatic hues to two, three or even four colors that make a good combination. 
Okay, enough about the lecture.
Our selection for the wedding motif was a 50/50 decision.  I am ashamed to admit that my husband is a fan of violet and all its relative colors like purple, plum or periwinkle.  So there, I said it! Noel’s favorite is a feminine color!  And that left me the decision to choose a color that would match with plum/purple.  A shade of pink would be nice but I did not like it simply because I thought it was overused or more appropriate for a debut.  I also thought of a combination periwinkle and a light shade of yellow but I did not want my bridesmaids to wear a gown that looks like candy (a little age-inappropriate). That’s when Grace sent me a photo of a table setting with a plum and turquoise combination for its motif and I thought it looked good.  I thought that a gown with those colors (and with its exact shade) would make my “abays” look regal and classic.
We took it from there.  We decided that plum and turquoise will be the motif of our wedding.  I just hope that the seamstress, the florist and the caterers can find that “exact right” shade that we wanted.
Photocredits: http://www.primadonnabride.co.za/2011/01/vibrant-peacock-inspiration.html

No comments:

Post a Comment