Tuesday 21 August 2012

Shutterbusters not Shutterbugs


I noticed that it’s a trend for photographers to capture “scripted” moments during a wedding.  Being a frustrated photographer myself, I have a lot of ideas in mind when it comes to how I want my wedding photos to be like: I want it to stand on its own, I want it to tell a story, I want it to be alive that when someone looks at it, he will vividly remember that moment.
When we were choosing a photographer/videographer for our wedding, we explored a lot of options and considered a lot of factors like the quality of work, reputation and their rates of course!  It’s a known fact that the price for a one day service of a professional photographer/videographer ranges from P 150,000 to P 40,000.  With that being said, we literally looked at the website of all the listings of suppliers from the wedding magazines that Noel bought.  We would stay up until morning during weekends and “brainstorm” about what we thought about their packages.  
Having different aesthetic values, sometimes what a good photo to me is “lame” to him, and what is exceptional to him looks “chaka” to me that is why we always compromise.  We made sure that we did not get diverted from our focus to find someone who will take the best photos at a reasonable price.  That idea sounded absurd but God is kind because after a couple of months, we were able to find the “right lensman”.
Just when everything have already been finalized came another supplier (who I will not name anymore but I’m sure Grace would be delighted if I do) who boasts of a perfect portfolio.  It’s a bit more pricey than the first that we have chosen but I thought our hard earned money was worth their services.  I was blown away by their photos and wedding coverages that I wanted to book them right away.  Unfortunately, we ended up not having them because of a miscommunication. (Grace and Noel was so angry they swore that company won’t last long in the business.  Thank God they did not put the blame on me, I was the one who was very pushy to have book them in the first place. lol!)
I tried to clean up my mess by reconsidering other options but Noel insisted that we settle for the first that we have already chosen and that was what we did.  So far, they already made a good impression by how quickly they respond to our emails and inquiries and their promise to do the best they can for us to have the best wedding photos (which, I must say is evident in their work). I have high hopes that my dream of having a photographer who did not know what he is doing is nothing but a nightmare.
PS:
To check their sample works, visit their website:

No comments:

Post a Comment