Monday 20 August 2012

The Long Way to the Final List


It’s a proven fact that it’s just not only in the movies couples have a misunderstanding when it comes to the guest list.  It also happens in real life.  It happened to us.  
I thought one hundred and fifty is enough for the both of us to invite our closest relatives and friends, after all we want the wedding to be intimate.  But when the number of guests increased as each day passed especially on my side, I started to be annoyed everytime Noel would tell me to make the final decision about who I would I want to be there.  I would tell him I’ll ask mom first if “yun na ba ung final” because I can’t decide without her go signal.  He would say “madali lang naman, isama mo lang sa bilang yung mga sa tingin mo eh gustong imbitahin ni mommy” and I’d go ballistic because he doesn’t understand! I just can’t base the list on who I “think” mom wants to be there. He, on the other hand had no problems whatsoever because Grace is helping him create the list of people they will invite on their side.
As of this writing, the guest list is yet to be finalized because of the additions from both sides of the family and the supposed one hundred fifty is now nearing to two hundred.  Noel has also become more patient in understanding this predicament :)

No comments:

Post a Comment